Saturday, December 24

All Christmassy!

Barely 30 minutes to go for 12 to strike. It still qualifies as Christmas Eve to me O_O
I cannot help but want to go back to when I was a kid. Sure, I wasn't born into a Christian family, but then again, my parents were not too strict about being rooted to "tradition" anyway. I still remember wishing to wake up to a Christmas Tree and to see a tonne load of presents. Back then, I didnt really understand human politics and I wish I was still that innocent in so many ways.

Lets face it, growing up sucks. Its true, "Be careful what you wish for and you just might get it". Whoever said that, really knew what he was talking about. When I was a kid, all I wanted to do, was to grow up - SO BAD!!. I'd wish everyday, that I was old enough to be myself. And now that I am, I miss being a kid. I miss being so sheepish and unaccountable. I miss wanting everything I saw and not worry of whether I could afford it.

Its true, time changes all and doesn't leave a speck behind for anybody to notice what it has brought with it. None-the-less, as I sit here, to crackers bursting outside my window to usher in another Christmas, here's to renewed sense of innocence and a new perspective of life. It's a little bit of a cliche with the posting on Christmas Eve and everything, but heck! Its one cliche I'm happy to have assisted in!!

I just hope, we all take a minute away from partying/celebrating and pray for ourselves, our friends, the people who are nice to us and the people who are mean to us and those who don't have anybody to pray for themselves for a Merry Christmas.

God Bless!!
^^

2 comments:

  1. Hey Pixie, Nice to you back here, looks like Ive missed a lot of stuff here, Hope christmas was fun! Have a wonderful new year:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My old blog wasn't on here for a while. I'm back after a loonggg time! :)

    ReplyDelete