Saturday, May 28

Dear Grandpa

My grandpa passed away a month and a half before I was born. I've never met the man myself (DUH!) but I cant help but miss him. As weird as it may sound, I have a feeling he would have been such an amazing dude to be around especially to shut my parents up when they act off from time to time.

Not to brag (but eh! what the heck!?), but grandpa was a part of the II World War and he supposedly knew 16 languages, including Mandarin Chinese and Romanian. I didnt even know Romanian was a language till I was told. The dude was so awesome, he's smacked a kid Veerappan right on the face when he served as a Forest Officer of the sandalwood forests down in Karnataka. I even have a picture of the apprehension of the perpetrators to prove it! I honestly miss him. Yesterday marked 19 years since he died. Ok, I know this is getting a tad too much emotional but the man deserved it.

When my dad came to talk to him when he wanted to marry mum, apparently grand-dad said "Hope you know what you're getting into! You're marrying an absolute child". That golden statement stands true to this very damn day! Dad still doesnt know what he's gotten himself into. I'm typing this away into the din of banshee like yelling and screaming by mother dearest. I just wish if grandpa was here, he'd come up with something really awesome to shut her up for a while (much appreciated gramps!).

The cat and her kittens are taking too much of my time. I cant STOP cuddling them. The next thing I know, I have fur all over my shirt because these felines wont stop being pampered. Grandpa loved animals. He has even saved tonnes of them from traps (including bears, hippos and snakes).

So now you know, where I get most of my weirdness from.
Thanks Grandpa, for giving me some of your awesome genes!
Love you!! Even though I have really met you. Wish I did though
^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment